Tuesday 9 July 2024

Choice of the Cheerleader 02 A Fair of Change - Part 3

 

While Quinn was talking to Brittany, Stacy approached Kevin. “Kevin.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I’m wondering if you can do something for me.”

 

“Like, what?”

 

Stacy handed a copy of the Canterbury Tales to Kevin. “I’d like you to read from this near the stage when Brittany is on.”

 

“Um, Sure,” Kevin said in an unsure tone.

 

 

‘That Quinn!’ Brittany thought. Was she jealous or something? She tried to consider this but Mr. O’Neill chose that moment to call her to the stage. She hoped that the play would go well.

 

 

The play did start off well, but that soon changed…

 

“I will make a dainty garland for my head and sing!” Brittany said.

 

Corey said his line, but quietly. Kevin took that as his que.

 

“Um… Mixed up something…” he said loudly.

 

People laughed.

 

Corey repeated his line louder.

 

There was more laughter.

 

Brittany was annoyed. She then spoke her next line as she had practiced.

 

Kevin then turned some pages and shouted out something else. The infamous ending of The Miller’s Tale

 

“KEVIE!” Brittany shouted. “Stop!”

 

 

When Daria and Jane got off the ferris wheel, Upchuck and the Griffin boys were gone. Jane stated as such.

 

“Good. Let’s see what else there is,” Daria said.

 

“Sure,” Jane said.

 

Jodie ran up to Daria and Jane. “Guys, can you help me out? There’s some sort of riot in the auditorium. Just watch the information booth while I find Ms. Li.”

 

“Uh oh! Someone has given us responsibility,” Jane said.

 

“The day has suddenly turned sinister,” Daria added.

 

 

Brittany wasn’t sure what had gone wrong. The auditorium was a mess. People were still throwing food around. She wasn’t sure how to stop it. She ducked as a pie came her way. But she knew that Quinn had something to do with it. “Just wait until I get my hands on her!”

 

She looked around carefully and quickly found Quinn near one of the sides. ‘I have you now!’ She then crawled towards her.

 

 

Quinn saw Brittany coming. ‘Uh oh!’

 

“You!” Brittany said with hatred.

 

“You would have done the same!”

 

“I wouldn’t have!”

 

“I don’t believe that!” Quinn retorted.

 

“You! You!” Brittany then leapt at her.

 

 

The riot was still continuing, so no one paid attention to the two girls as they fought each other. Quinn quickly found herself losing, as Brittany was surprisingly skilled. ‘She must have taken lessons!’ she realised as she was pinned down, with her arms behind her back. She struggled, but the cheerleader was quite strong.

 

“Why?” Brittany asked.

 

“You know why!” Quinn said obstinately.

 

“That I said I would be the most popular?” Brittany asked.

 

Quinn nodded.

 

“That doesn’t mean that you should have done this!” Brittany exclaimed.

 

“Alright! I was wrong!” Quinn admitted.

 

Brittany let go. “Don’t think this is over!”

 

“It isn’t!” Quinn said petulantly.

 

Brittany was annoyed. She and Quinn didn’t have to be enemies. ‘I hope this is the last of it,’ she thought as Quinn walked away.

 

 

Overall, she thought that the Medieval fair was a good idea. But Quinn’s behaviour had put a bad taste in her mouth. She decided to go home.

 

 

Jodie came back to the information booth. “The riot is over now,” she said to Daria and Jane.

 

“What happened?” Jane asked.

 

“It seems that someone caused a misunderstanding on stage,” Jodie said. She turned to Daria. “I’m afraid I suspect that Quinn had something to do with it.”

 

“Why am I not surprised?” Daria responded. “I guess it’s time to go.”

 

“Yes, the fair is winding down,” Jodie said.

 

 

Brittany returned home.

 

“How did it go?” Ashley-Amber asked.

 

“The play was sabotaged!” Brittany answered.

 

“Sabotaged? How do you mean?”

 

“One of the other students was jealous.”

 

“Oh,” Ashley-Amber said.

 

“I think we’re now enemies,” Brittany said sadly.

 

“Isn’t that a bit dramatic?”

 

“It’s mostly on her part.”

 

“Mostly?” Ashley-Amber asked.

 

“I was angry at her! Still angry at her.”

 

Ashley-Amber hugged her step daughter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment