Sunday 23 August 2020

Doctor Who - Paternoster Row - Stranded

 Paternoster Row

Stranded

The Paternoster Gang arrived home with Clara Oswald after the Doctor’s defeat of the Half Faced Man. “You’re sure he’d come back here?” Jenny Flint asked.

 

“There’s no trace of him in the wreckage. They searched all Parliament Hill. Where else would he go?” Vastra asked. They then noticed a square space in the straw. It was empty. The TARDIS was gone. “I fear we have missed him.”

 

 

The next day, the Doctor still hadn’t appeared. Clara knocked on the door of Vastra’s chamber. “Please come in,” Vastra directed. She saw that Clara hadn’t dressed in the clothes she had arrived in two days earlier, rather in another of Jenny’s outfits. Perhaps she wasn’t as sure of the Doctor returning as she thought.

 

“I’m not interrupting?”

 

“I should be glad of your company. What can I do for you?”

 

“Ah,” Clara said. “Well, that’s exactly what I was going to ask you. Seems like I’m stuck here now. Got a vacancy?”

 

“You are very welcome to join our little household, but the Doctor could return at any moment.”

 

Clara frowned. “I don’t think he is. And I don’t suppose you have any Vortex Manipulators?”

 

“I was afraid of that. If the person who knows him best in the whole universe doesn’t know if he will return, then he isn’t likely to return soon.” Vastra paused. “I’m afraid we don’t have any Vortex Manipulators, but you are welcome to stay.”

 

Clara teared up. “Thanks.”

 

“I know this will be a shock, so you can come to Jenny or myself if you want to talk, understood?”

 

“Yes, Ma’am.”

 

“Please, call me Vastra.”

 

“Vastra.”

No comments:

Post a Comment