Sunday 29 April 2018

Church notes - 29th April 2018

29th April
Revelation 4:1 - 8

Colossians 3:17 - 4:1
'Living Together'

vs18
Can be perceived as an offense.
Not very good when taken out of context.
In Australia there are 900 divorces every week! Dreams shattered and hopes unfulfilled.
We need to make sense of what Paul was saying.
Three different relationships.
Husbands and wives
Children
Masters and Slaves
It doesn't say; 'Wives, obey your husband'.
Submitt - recognise some authority in the relationship.
'As is fitting in the LORD' - recognise that the LORD has greater authority.

vs 19
A husband needs to be loving of his wife. A reciprocal unselfish love. Don't be harsh.
vs 21
Don't embitter children.
vs 22
Follow instruction - a  higher authority - the LORD.
vs 23 - 25
Whatever you do.
God is supplying our needs. We are responsible to Him.
The provision should be adequate.

Ephesians 6:8

Ensuring that family relationships are strengthened.
How do I respond when I am under authority.
How do I respond when I have authority.
How do I respond to God's authority.

I will be under authority in a responsible way.


No comments:

Post a Comment