Saturday 12 January 2019

Church notes - 13th January 2019

13 January
Ephesians 1:18 - 23

Who You Say I Am Lyric Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcC1Bp13n_4

God's Name
YHWH - Ancient Hebrew, no vowels.
Yahweh - YHWH with the vowels from Adonai.
Yohoveh - Latin
Jehovah

Exodus 3:1 - 17

God reveals Himself through His Name.

Death Clock.

God is the God of Eternity. He is the On Who Is responsible for our existance.

Moses
The Burning Bush - God is there.
A mission: Rescue the Israelites from Egypt.
He is a Redeeming God.
Moses protests - who am I?

God will help.
Another objection vs 13
vs 14
I AM WHO I AM
A continuing sense
God is dependable no matter the time

Jesus - the Bread of Life (John 6:35)
God doesn't forget us. He is always present in His people.
"I will only be understood by My own subsequent acts and words of revelation" - Alan Cole.

Alpha and Omega (Revelation 22:!3)
Everlasting God - Abraham calls upon the Everlasting God (Genesis 21:33)

Daniel 4:34

1 Samuel 17:26
David had a sense of Who God is.

This picture of the living God, Eternal and present with us injects a sense of passion and hope within us.


No comments:

Post a Comment