Sunday 27 September 2020

Beginnings of 2020 - Doctor Who - Investigating Introspection

 Doctor Who – Investigating Introspection

Laurence collapsed against the TARDIS. He was out of breath from all of that running. Maybe that was a mistake, he thought as he slid down the side of the timeship. The Doctor came up quickly. “Laurence!” he called out.

 

“I’m fine,” Laurence said weakly.

 

“No, you’re not.”

 

 

The Doctor brough Laurence into the TARDIS and set the ship in motion. He then took him to the medbay, where he quickly found the reason why he had collapsed. “Oh, Laurence, you know you could have told me.”

 

When Laurence came to, he found he breath better. But he then breathed quicker. ‘I didn’t want the Doctor to find out this way. He opened his eyes and found the Doctor right there. “No!” he said as he covered his chest.

 

“Relax, Laurence,” the Doctor said with understanding in his eyes.

 

‘Always assuming the worst, Oswald!’ Laurence remonstrated mentally. “Sorry. I should have said something earlier.”

 

The Doctor smiled. “I’d say that you didn’t need to. I may be clueless about some aspects of humanity, but I wasn’t clueless about this. I was going to let you tell me when you were ready.” He then ruffled Laurence’s short hair.

 

“Thanks, Doctor,” Laurence said as he sat up.

 

“And the TARDIS does have clothes that achieves the effect you want without hindering breathing.”

 

Laurence smiled. “It does?”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment