Monday 12 October 2020

Beginnings of 2020 - Clara Oswald Never Existed

 Doctor Who: Clara Oswald Doesn’t Exist

The Cybermen closed in on Clara Oswald.

 

“Stop! You can’t kill me,” she called out.

 

Incorrect.”

 

“I’m a target of strategic value. Alive, I’m a tactical advantage. Dead, I’m your biggest mistake. You don’t know who I am.”

 

One of the Cybermen scanned her. “You are Clara Oswald. You are human. You are unimportant.”

 

“Incorrect!” Clara said, deciding to continue along the line she was going along. “That is what you’re supposed to think. That is what everybody thinks.”

 

You are Clara Oswald.”

 

“Clara Oswald is a cover story, a disguise. There is no Clara Oswald.”

 

Identify.” The Cyberman seemed a little incredulous, if a Cyberman could inflict it’s voice so.

 

“Oh, don’t be so slow, it’s embarrassing. Who could fool you like this? Who could hide right under your nose? Who could change their face any time they want? You see, I am not Clara Oswald. Clara Oswald has never existed!”

 

Identify!

 

“I am the Doctor.”

 

The three Cybermen came closer. “Well here to start? I was born on the planet Gallifrey, in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm a Time Lord, but my Prydonian privileges were revoked when I stole a time capsule and ran away. Currently pilot a Type 40 Tardis. I've been married four times, all deceased. My children and grandchildren are missing, and I assume, dead. I have a non-Gallifreyan daughter created via genetic transfer. How much more do you need? I'm the Doctor.”

 

This information is not proof. We require proof.

 

“Proof?” Clara asked rhetorically. “I’ll give you proof.” She grabbed a fob watch from one of her pockets. “Get ready to scan me again.” She then flipped the fob watch, or rather chameleon arch open. Golden energy rippled over her.

 

Scanning,” the first Cyberman said. It found something. “Bicardial circulation system… Time Lord physiology detected!”

 

“Told you.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment