Monday 30 August 2021

A Man and His Box X

 

A Man and His Box X

It was very weird, seeing Lawndale from the perspective of the past. Over the past day the Doctor, Nyssa and herself had scoured the town for unusual activity, only taking a break to spend the night at the Dutchman Inn.

 

As Andrea and Nyssa entered the Pizza King, she saw the members (or yet to be members, she wasn't sure,) of Mystik Spiral at one of the booths.

"You know them, or will know them?" Nyssa asked.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Those four teens?"

 

"Oh, they're in a grunge band in my time. Not a very successful one, but they have a cool sound," Andrea whispered.

 

"I'd like to hear to hear them," Nyssa whispered back.

 

"Maybe when we're in my time next," Andrea whispered with a slight smile. "But they're an acquired sound.

 

Nyssa nodded. "You don't see yourself here?"

 

"I don't."

 

"We still have to be sure that she doesn't enter whilst we are here."

 

"I know, I listened to the Doctor."

 

"I thought I'd remind you."

 

"A good idea."

 

 

As they ordered Pizza, Nyssa asked the teen boy, if there had been unusual activity.

 

"If you mean aliens, yes. They replaced my skin with a synthetic that's more sensitive."

 

"Really?" Nyssa asked.

 

However, Andrea recognised him from Sick Sad World, although she was certain he hadn't come to their attention yet. She drew Nyssa aside and brought this to her attention.

 

"I'm waiting," Artie said.

 

"Ah, yes," Nyssa said.

 

"Any unusual activity in the past few days."

 

"I saw a ship near High Hills Park last night," Artie responded.

 

"There, we go," Andrea said to Nyssa.

 

 

Once they had eaten the pizza, they went to find the Doctor.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment