Wednesday 15 July 2020

Beginnings of 2020 - Mysteries of Greenville


Mysteries of Greenville
1.      Arrival in Greenville
Alexandra Grey looked at the house. It somehow didn’t quite look as she thought it would. It was, smaller, but not by much. “You like it?” her mother asked.

“It looks great!” she said. The size didn’t matter. What mattered was that it would make a good home. She was certain it would.


Alex looked at the bedroom. It was perfect. It certainly was larger than her former bedroom. She went over to the window. ‘This offers a great vantage point over the neighborhood.’


Hi, I’m Alex Grey and I’m an investigator. I’m new to Greenville and yet I already know some things aren’t right here. With the help of my new friends I’m going to find out what they are.


The Greenville Secondary School drop off zone was busy when Lana Herbert arrived. It was just like very other day since she had started Grade 10 a few weeks earlier. She smoothed her hair down and walked towards the entrance. However, she and another girl collided, and fell over.

“Sorry!” the other girl said. “I was looking at the school in general rather than where I was going.”

“It’s OK,” Lana stated as she got up and held out her hand. The other girl appeared to be a little shorter and had her dark hair tied back in two braids above her ears.

She took the offered hand and allowed herself to be pulled up. Her eyes moved around quickly as she looked Lana over. “Alex,” she said, indicating herself with her free hand.

“Lana,” she shook Alex’s hand before letting it go.

“So, been here long?” Alex asked.

“Since last year,” Lana answered quietly. It appeared that Alex was inquisitive. “I haven’t seen you around.”

“It’s my first day,” Alex admitted.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been very welcoming,” Lana said as stay started walking towards the entrance.

“Not everyone would be if they met the way we just did,” Alex said with a witty tone.




No comments:

Post a Comment