Wednesday 9 December 2020

Quinn's Code - Morgendorffers vs. Amazon - Part 5

 As Helen reached her car, she took out her cell phone. “Marianne, find out all you can about the New York Amazon Modelling Agency.”


Yes, Helen.”



Quinn hung up. “My Mom is on the way here. May I go back to History until she gets here?” she asked.


Negative! She will be here in less than fifteen minutes,” Ms. Li said.


Quinn grumbled and looked at her watch. The period was just about half over. 'Good thing Cindy shares her notes with those who ask.'



Helen arrived at the school ten minutes after leaving work. After she had locked the car her cellphone rang. “Yes?”


I have researched the Amazon Modelling Agency as you asked, Helen,” Marianne said.


Fill me in,” Helen said, as she went towards the school buildings.



Now, what is all this about?” Helen asked as she entered the principal's office.


I have made it mandatory that your daughter attend the Modelling classes,” Ms. Li said.


Is this true?” Helen asked

It is as I said, Mom,” Quinn said.


Ms. Li, Quinn has no interest in attending the Modelling classes. According to the county bylaws you cannot force her to join them,” Helen said. She then noticed Romonica. “Ms. DeGregory, I presume,” she said with a glare.


Yes, I believe that your younger daughter has potential. That is why I pressured the principal into making her attendance mandatory,” Romonica said.


Pressured, how?”


Romonica remained silent.


Helen stared back.


I said I would withdraw the classes from this school if Quinn is not in them!”


You would follow up on this threat?” Helen asked, her voice low.


I wouldn't make it if I wasn't prepared to follow up on it!” Romonica said.


Whilst this exchange was going on, Ms. Li looked on it with trepidation. 'Things are getting out of control!'


Helen smirked. “In that case, Ms. Li, if you continue to harass my daugther to join, I will bring a suit against this school.”


You don't mean that!” Ms. Li said.


Helen's smile was all the answer she needed. If she had any doubts, they disapppeared.


Fine!” Ms. Li said. She turned to Quinn. “Ms. Morgendorffer, you are no longer required to join the Modelling Classes.”


Good,” Quinn said with a sigh of relief.


What!” Romonica exclaimed.


I do not want a lawsuit brought against the school!”


Romonica smiled deviously. “Mrs. Morgendorffer may not, but I will!”


The principal glared at the modelling agent. “If that is your wish. Nethertheless your suit would not bring the bad press that a parent led suit would. Still I beg you to reconsider, for there are other students with similar potential, including the aforementioned sister of the particular student you were after.”


Romonica looked to be in thought. She shook her head and said “No. Quinn will be in the classes or they are off and there will be a suit!”


A suit you would loose,” Helen said.

What?” Romonica asked.


Depending on the contract, you may not have a leg to stand on?”


And I suppose you have experience in this area?” Romonica asked.


Close to twenty years,” Helen said, her voice low.


The school has no legs to stand on!” Romonica said.


I glanced through the contract before I signed it, Ms. DeGregory. I think Lawndale High has a chance against you. Now, if you are not going to reconsider, get out of my office!”


You haven't heard the last of this!” Romonica said.


Good day!” the Principal said.


Romonica turned on her heel and stalked out of the office.



After about fifteen seconds Helen asked. “Why did you change your mind?”


I am aware of the reputation of the Senior Partner of your firm, Mrs. Morgendorffer. I don't want that firm litigating against the school!”


I see,” Helen said. She stepped closer. “Understand this, if you do pull a stunt like this again I will enter into litigation. Do I make myself clear?”


Crystal clear, Mrs. Morgendorffer,” the principal said. She turned to Quinn. “Are you absolutely sure you don't want to do those classes, Ms. Morgendorffer?”


Of course!” Quinn said.


Stop badgering my daughter, Ms. Li.”


I'm going back to class! See you tonight, Mom.”


See you then, bye.”


Wait!” the principal exclaimed.


You know my answer,” Quinn said as she left the office.


If there is nothing else, I need to get back to work. Good day,” Helen said. She also left.


This is just great!” the principal said to the otherwise empty room.


No comments:

Post a Comment