Monday 14 December 2020

Quinn's Code - Morgendorffers vs. Amazon - Part 6

 As she stepped out of the school building, Romonica took out her cell phone. “Claude, it's me, Romonica. The classes have been canceled.


The Principal didn't see it our way?” Claude asked.


No, and it was a lawyer parent's fault! I will see the school, and her, in court!”


Are you sure?” Claude asked.


Absolutely!” Romonica said.


As you say,” Claude said.


Romonica hung up and clicked the phone shut. She turned back to the school. 'You haven't heard the last of this!'



Quinn met with Kristen and Cindy after lunch.

What happened?” Cindy asked.


I'll tell you after school,” Quinn said.


You can tell us,” Kristen said.


I know, but people may overhear,” Quinn said.


Oh,” Kristen said.



Daria, Jane and Jennifer entered the Hall to find many confused students there. “Ah, there you are, Ms. Morgendorffer and Ms. Burns,” Ms. Li said.


Yes, we were dragging our heels.”


Jennifer laughed silently at Daria's sarcasm.


As I expected,” The Principal said.


Daria looked around and noticed that Romonica and Claude were absent. “Where are the teachers of these reputed classes?” she asked.


Take a seat! I'll make the announcement to everyone,” the principal said.


Ok.”


Looks like something unexpected has happened,” Jane said as they proceeded to the seats.


Possibly,” Daria said.


'Of course,' Jennifer thought.



There wsa much murmuring as Ms. Li took her place at the podium. “I see that everyone who signed up for the Modelling Classes is here. Unfortunately, due to unforseen events, the classes have been canceled!”


What?” Sandi asked.


As I said. They have been canceled. Someone, who will remain nameless, sabotaged the school's chances, and they will no longer be held.”


That's terrible,” Sandi siad.


Sooo Wrong!” Tiffany Blum-Deckler said.


For once I agree with you, Ms. Griffin, Ms. Blum-Deckler. There may be similar opportunities in the future,” Ms. Li said.


I hope so,” Sandi said.


Me too,” Stacy Rowe said.


This is good news, I don't have to do modelling anymore,” Daria said.


But I wonder how the classes were canceled,” Jane said.


Her choice of words is intreaguing,” Jennifer murmured.


I guess so,” Daria said. 'It certainly raises questions,' she thought.


Now, everyone, you can go to your normal classes,” Ms. Li said.


Yay!” Jane said sardonically.



Daria, Jane and Jennifer exited the hall to see Jane's brother Trent outside. “Trent? Do Mom and Dad know that you're outside the house voluntarily?” Jane asked in surprise.


Huh?” Trent asked, confused.


What are you doing here?” Jane asked.


I thought I would see the Modelling Classes for myself.”


Oh, but they've been canceled,” Jennifer said as she noticed Daria blushing.


Oh,” Trent said in surprise.


I'm sure we will find out something,” Jane said as they began to walk away.


Maybe,” Trent said as he thought.



I bet that someone had something to do with this,” Sandi groused as she headed back towards class.

The geek isn't responsible for everything, Sandi,” Tori said.


I'm not blaming her! Someone else is responsible!” Sandi said.


''Good,' Tori thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment