Thursday 26 January 2023

26th January 2023 Writings

 26th

 

Excerpt from: Candace and the Editor

“Hi, this is Candace Flynn.”

 

Hi Candace! Hoi! This is Dani. I will be in Danville tomorrow evening. See you then, girlfriend!

 

“Wait!” Candace said, only to be greeted with the dial tone. “I suppose Dani has my address!”

 

“Oh yes!”

 

“Maybe I can use the situation to convince my Mom that the events in the Essay were real!”

 

“Probably not!” O’Connell said.

 

“Not you too!” Candace said.

 

“A lot of strange stuff happened over Summer, but I don’t think it all can be attributed to your brothers.”

 

“Well, not all of it, but some of it.”

 

“Maybe Vanessa’s father as well,” Candace considered.

 

“Isn’t he on probation?”

 

Words: 108

 

 

Excerpt from: Berk in Time

“I’m almost certain it was abandoned,” Fishlegs said.

 

“And the dragons left to fend for themselves,” Astrid concluded.

 

“Yes,” Fishlegs said.

 

Words: 21

 

 

Excerpt from: The Messed Up Magazine Girls

Kel stepped inside. “It's perfect! It's so real. I am so giddy with my idea of spending a day with a typical heartland teen. And you! You must be my brilliant Kim!”

 

“Oh, no big,” Kim said.

 

“The dining room is ready,” Ann said.

 

 

The dinner went slowly. “…And then I said, ‘Do you think it's easy being a wunderkind?’ and Leo was like, ‘Yeah, I know,’ and we just sort of soul-bonded and head-clicked right away, and I gave Fi my lyrics and she was like, ‘Kel, you are so wise. I am so glad to know you,; and Hann and Drew said, ‘The magazine has to be you so everyone can know you like we do,’ and that's how I started Kel. We're young, but wise; edgy, but full of heart... like me, Kel!

 

“Interesting…” Ann said.

 

“Boring,” Jim and Tim said togther.

 

“Kim, you’ve barely said a word,” Ann said.

 

“There’s not much to say,” she said in annoyance.

 

The meal continued with Kel continuing to talk inanity, and the tweebs being disruptive when they got bored.

 

It was overall, a boring evening. By the time Kel had said farewell and her chatter had faded from the house, she was quite tired.

 

Words: 205

 

 

Excerpt from: A Time to Reflect

Analise gave a quizzical expression.

 

“But not impossible,” Tamsin said.

 

Analise smiled.

 

“Then It’s up the TARDIS,” the Doctor said.

 

“Good,” Tamsin responded.

 

 

The Doctor did lay in a course, but only specified Scandinavia in the early 21st Century.

 

 

“We’ve landed,” the Doctor said. “Southern Iceland in 2019.”

 

“That sounds good,” Tamsin said. “Quite peaceful.”

 

Analise nodded with a slight smile, but still hid behind Tamsin.

 

Words: 66

 

Total: 400



No comments:

Post a Comment