Saturday 28 October 2017

Church notes - 29th October 2017

29th October
10,000 Reasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtwIT8JjddM
Hosanna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnMevXQutyE

Psalm 46

Good Good Father: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwXHpKVS5I

I Will Serve
Matthew 20:20 - 28
I Could
I Might
I Should
- It's meaningless if you don't do it.
I will - the only appropriate response to God.

Rescued and transformed

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="Irpbg75"><a href="//imgur.com/Irpbg75">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Help those around you take a step to the right through the four Ps.

Selfishness - puts churches in a bad position

vs21
The exact opposite to Jesus' teaching of servanthood. It had come out of pride.

vs24
The other ten disciples had the same attitude. These attitudes are still present in the Church (and every individual) today!

vs 25 - 28

Phil 2:3 - 8
Jesus (and Paul) made it clear that we are to serve. How different would the world be if everyone had a servanthood attitude?

I will go
Acts 1:8
Start with those around you.

What is your Jerusalem?
It is your community. Those you interact with on a regular basis.
John 14:6
There is a way to God, but there is only one way.

Objections
- 'This is not my Spiritual Gift'
John 9:25
- 'I don't feel equipped to speak'
- 'I don't want to impose my beliefs on others'
Acts 4:18 - 20

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ChIKl"><a href="//imgur.com/ChIKl"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Now we can persue God's design in our lives

Colossians 4:2 - 6
Matthew 28:18 - 20

Who is your Jerusalem?


No comments:

Post a Comment