Thursday 7 May 2020

Quinn's Code - Cafe Geekdale - Part 5


It's okay as long as he don't know about it! Dammit! Where's that purse?” the woman then coughed, fainted and fell to the ground.

That's not good!” Jennifer said.

Uh-oh!” Daria uttered.

Did she hit her head?” Jane asked.

I don't think so,” Daria said.

Do either of you know CPR or anything?” Jane asked.

Jennifer nodded. “I do, but has been a while since I did the training.”

I once gave the Heimlich maneuver to Quinn,” Daria said.

Did it work?” Jane asked.

She wasn't choking,” Daria said.

'Quinn hasn't told me about anything like that!' Jennifer thought. It was more evidence of angstier than usual sibling rivalry.

We should be doing something now. I'm sure of it,” Jane said.

Yeah, I think you're right,” Daria said.

Help me move her into the recovery position,” Jennifer said, as she stooped down. 'I have to do something!'
Daria and Jane shrugged and also stooped down to help Jennifer. This coincided with the woman returning to consciousness.

What are you doing!?” she demanded.

Moving you into the recovery position, but since you are now conscious, there's no need,” Jennifer said.

The woman stood up. “Damn hyperglycemia. I'm sorry, girls, I'm holding up the works. Okay, now, how much apiece on those chocolate bars?”

Ma'am, I'm not sure I can sell you any chocolate bars,” Daria said.

I'm afraid that I have to agree with her,” Jennifer said. 'She just fainted from Hyperglycemia and she still wants the chocolate bars!?!

What's the matter? My money's not good enough for you?”

It's not that, it's just... maybe it's not such a good idea,” Daria said.

The reason should be obvious!” Jennifer projected.

Give me those chocolate bars!” the woman shouted.

Thank you for the offer though, ma'am, and for caring about the students of Lawndale High,” Jane said.

We could call your doctor or the hospital if you like,” Jennifer said.

Otherwise, we'll be going!” Daria said. The teens walked away to go to the next house.

I don't need a damn doctor, I need a damn chocolate bar! Gimme! I'll pay ya five bucks apiece!” the woman offered.

Have a nice day, ma'am,” Daria said.

Come back here!”


As the teens approached the obese woman's next door neighbor's house they reflected on the situation.

Five dollars apiece. We would've made over a hundred bucks,” Jane considered.

'At the cost of her life!' Jennifer thought.

Yeah, and all we had to do was take a human life,” Daria said.
You always see the downside, don't you?” Jane asked.

In this case, yes,” Jennifer said.

Certainly,” Jane said.

Jennifer knocked on the door. 'I hope that this person isn't like the other one,' she thought.


I'll say that is a successful afternoon, Quinn,” Cindy said.

Yeah, definitely,” Quinn said.

We definitely make a good team,” Kristen said.

One more house, before the sun goes down,” Quinn said.

Sure,” Kristen said, as they turned from Pinewood Road into Glen Oaks Lane. 'It has definitely been a successful afternoon.'


As they went towards the house on the corner of those two streets, they noticed that Kevin and Brittany were also approaching that house. 'This could be a problem,' Kristen thought.

Hi, popular brains, you are fund-raising for the coffeehouse too?” Kevin asked, as he and Brittany came up.

Of course they are, Kevie!” Brittany said.

Yes, we are,” Quinn said.

Cool!” Kevin said.

We were about to go and sell at that house. Would you like to join us?” Kristen asked.

Sure!” Brittany said.

Um, Okay,” Kevin said.

Very cool!” Cindy said.
The three geeks, the quarterback and cheerleader then went to sell their wares to the family in that house.



Excerpt from the Diary of Anastasia Elizabeth 'Stacy' Rowe (October 19, 2005)
On that note, Sandi then said that she wants to use the Coffee House as a venue for the destruction of quote 'The Geekendorffer's popularity' end quote. I have to warn Quinn somehow, but I don't know her email address! I hope I will be able to find it out tomorrow...



Wednesday, October 20, 2005
Ms. Li entered her office and immediately the phone began to ring. “Who could this be, that can barely wait to call Lawndale High?” she asked. She picked up the phone. She was immediately blasted by some ranting.

Calm down, and repeat what you just said!”

I said, that three girls from your school came around yesterday afternoon selling chocolates for a new coffee house, but they suddenly didn't sell me that chocolate, despite the fact that I eventually offered twice the value!

'That is serious!' The principal thought. “I see. Do you have a name I can refer to in my investigation of this matter?” she asked.

Mrs. Iris Johansen.

Thank you. Can you describe these students?”

Yes, they were very distinctive. One wore her blonde hair over one side of her face and a dark jacket with a red skull on the back.

Ms. Li wrote; Burns.

The second one had long auburn hair, big round glasses and a green jacket.”

Ms. Li wrote; Morgendorffer, D. 'I can see that she is becoming a troublemaker. Too bad she left that self esteem class.'

The last had short black hair, although her eyes were blue, she wore a red jacket.” Mrs. Johansen concluded.

Ms. Li wrote; Lane. “Thankyou, I will talk to the three students involved! Make no mistake, Mrs. Johansen, I take matters like these very seriously.”

Thank you,” Mrs. Johansen said prior to hanging up.

'Now I have to deal with this impertinence!' Ms. Li thought as she put the phone down.




No comments:

Post a Comment