Friday 13 November 2020

13th November 2020 Writing

13th

 

Excerpt from: Friday the 13th

Belinda Berringen had heard about the situation regarding the antics of the young man and the small white angel thing (especially regarding the fire in Kmart), and had heard of the hospitilisation. So she had decided to find him at the hospital, not realising that he had left.

 

 

Flora looked out at the streetscape as the bus travelled towards the University. She was anxious.

 

Words: 64

 

 

Excerpt from: Paternoster Row

Clara emerged from the carriage. “He certainly fits the part,” she stated.

 

“How many more are there?” ‘Robin Hood’ asked.

 

“Several,” Jenny said as she followed Clara.

 

“Never mind,” ‘Robin Hood’ said, “I’m afraid I must relieve you of it.’

 

“I’m afraid that it doesn’t belong to you,” Vastra said. “Nor does it belong to us. But If you try to take it, you’ll find that we’re more than a match for you.”

 

“One against many, I admit that those aren’t good chances. But I have heard of the Veiled Detective all the way up here. And you, my dear, match the description exactly.”

 

“I am the Veiled Detective,” Vastra allowed. “Then you will know that I will get to bottom of whatever is going on here.”

 

“I knew sooner or later that you would come to investigate. But I am not going to make it easy for you.”

 

“Of course not,” Vastra said. “But have special clearance from Scotland Yard to take you in.”

“Then I’m afraid I will have to fight you,” the man said. He brandished a sword.

 

“Surely, you have heard that I am also skilled with the sword,” Vastra added as she whipped aside her veil.

 

If the man was surprised by Vastra’s appearance, he didn’t show it.

 

“Does she do this a lot?” Clara asked.

 

“From time to time,” Jenny answered in a slightly disapproving tone.

 

 

Robin and Vastra began to duel. It appeared they were matched in skill. ‘He’s probably better than me at archery,’ Vastra thought as she parried another blow.

 

 

The duel ended with Robin falling into the stream. Vastra then turned back towards the carriage to get handcuffs, but then she fell over into the stream herself as Robin tripped her. “You!” she said.

 

“If you want to find out what’s happening, you those with you will have to come to our base.”

 

“That would almost certainly be a trap,” Vastra objected. “But It would take days of searching to find it.”

 

 

“Are you sure?” Jenny asked once Vastra had returned to the carriage.

 

“Because, you’re right that it is almost certainly a trap,” Clara said. “Remember that the legends include the Merry Men. There are at least six others named.”

 

“So, there will be others at his base,” Jenny said.

 

“I knew that,” Vastra said. “What better way to investigate then see their base?”

 

 

“I shall lead you to our base,” Robin said. “But the others in the carriage shall stay there.”

 

“Of course,” Clara said.

 

 

Both Matthew and Audrey not amused at being told to stay behind.

 

“If we don’t return by this time tomorrow, go and raise the alarm,” Vastra said.

 

Words: 444

 

 

Total: 508


No comments:

Post a Comment