Monday 28 November 2022

28th November 2022 Writings

 28th

 

Excerpt from: Thirteen and Sixteenth

The Doctor entered the console room, to find Xavier already there. “The TARDIS says that we’re about to land,” Xavier said.

 

“That’s great!” the Doctor said. They had been in the vortex for a while. She checked the screen. “Somewhere on Earth, in the early 21st Century.”

 

“Boring,” Xavier commented.

 

“True, but Earth seems to be the centre of everything.”

 

The TARDIS then landed.

 

“Tokyo, 2018?” Xavier asked.

 

“Interesting, I have been here before,” the Doctor commented with a twirl of a pigtail.

 

“Been here, as in at this time?” Xavier asked.

 

“Yes,” the Doctor answered.

 

Words: 96

 

 

Excerpt from:  Paradoxes of Armidale

“We could talk,” Sarah suggested.

 

“Sure,” Johanna said, uncertainly.

 

“Like get to know each other.”

 

Words: 15

 

 

Excerpt from: Mystery in Polonia

“The settlers were from all over Earth,” the Doctor explained.

 

“That’s good,” Tegan considered.

 

“It would defend on the circumstances, wouldn’t it?” Turlough asked.

 

“Of course,” the Doctor said. “But look around. The people look diverse.”

 

Words: 36

 

 

Excerpt from: An Unearthly Child

“We’ll have to look for her,” Ian said.

 

“Yes.”

 

 

They hadn’t gone far when they found some clues. “Some of the equipment she was carrying,” Ian considered.

 

“But she wouldn’t just leave it here!” Barbara said.

 

“We’re not alone here,” Ian realised. “And now we have to rescue her.”

 

 

The Doctor came to. She realised that she was being held captive.

 

Words: 61

 

 

Excerpt from: Sandi’s Struggle

First class was Science, where Ms. Barch had taken the opportunity provided by Sandi’s condition to further her misandrist agenda. She pointed to the blackboard where she had drawn a diagram of the human respiratory system. “Sandi, I’d like you to show me where the Larynx is,” she said.

 

Sandi glared at the teacher. ‘Quinn would be much better choice,’ she thought. She went up anyway and pointed to a spot above where the passages from the lungs connected.

 

“Very good, Sandi. That is the where the sounds of our voice are usually produced. That is where you have an infection and are inflamed.”

 

Sandi frowned.

 

“I’m making a point here,” the teacher said.

 

Sandi knew what point the teacher was making, and many of the boys in the class groaned.

 

“I heard that!” Barch said. “I wish it were one of you, instead of Sandi up here. In fact, I wish that all males were mute!”

 

Sandi tapped the board, where she had pointed out the Larynx earlier.

 

“What’s that?” Barch asked.

 

Sandi grabbed the chalk and wrote: How does voice box work?

 

“I was getting to that,” the teacher said. “You can go to your desk now.”

 

Sandi breathed a sigh of relief.

 

 

“You did well up there, Sandi,” Quinn said.

 

‘Really?’ Sandi wondered. How would Quinn do if she didn’t have a voice? She realised that she wouldn’t wish it on her. She shrugged.

 

Words: 237

 

 

Excerpt from: Sixteenth Doctor Adventures

“No!” she cried.

 

“Doctor!” Xavier cried out as several of the drones fired nets onto him.

 

“I will rescue you!” the Doctor shouted as they were pushed further apart. She turned away, her eyes burning with annoyance and stalked towards her destination.

 

 

She slammed the door open. “I have read your plan,” she stated to the nondescript person behind the desk. “I know how to interfere with it. Holding Xavier hostage won’t dissuade me!”

 

“Ah, Doctor. Or, yet another version thereof.”

 

“I may have recently regenerated, but I have my full faculties, I assure you.”

 

“I didn’t doubt that.”

 

“Now, why have you put your plan in motion?”

 

“I’m not the one who put it into motion. I’m only in charge of the aspects directed from this building.”

 

“Of course. But I am asking you to reconsider,” the Doctor said.

 

“No.”

 

“I should warn you. I have notified UNIT. A detachment should arrive shortly. I would rather have this resolved peacefully.”

 

Words: 161

 

Total: 606

No comments:

Post a Comment