Sunday 16 January 2022

15th January 2022 Writings

 15th

 

Excerpt from: Daria in the Background

“And a little skort set,” Sandi Griffin added. “Have you seen the new skorts? Really cute.”

 

“Is it a skirt or is it shorts? I love that,” Stacy said.

 

“I wonder if they make skorts for sports!” Tiffany said.

 

Quinn tapped one of the girls on her shoulder. She turned around. “Ah!” Quinn let out. It was Daria.

 

 

“Good to see you, too,” Daria murmured upon seeing Quinn. “Well. What an unexpected opportunity for sibling bonding.”

 

“I’m going to be sick,” Quinn said.

 

“Is that a family thing?” Andrea asked.

 

 

Quinn turned back to the her friends “Just one sec, guys. I'm interviewing our first makeover candidate.”

 

She turned back to the Daria and the Goth girl. “I’m sure your parents would have something to say about this,” the latter said.

 

“You wouldn’t!” Quinn said to Daria.

 

“I would!” Daria said. “But I won’t if you do most of my chores for the next month.”

 

“A month?” Quinn asked.

 

“Maybe some of her allowance,” Andrea suggested.

 

“I don’t need it. Besides a ride home would be better than taking the bus back,” Daria said to Andrea.

 

Andrea nodded. “I saw Brittany helping you earlier.”

 

There was something about the way she said the cheerleader’s name, but Daria decided that it was definitely not her business.

 

“Why should I?” Quinn asked.

 

“Otherwise you wouldn’t spend any time in a mall for the rest of your sorry adolescent life?” Daria responded.

 

“Fine! Meet us in an hour on level five, area D, section Lavender.”

 

“D Lavender Five,” Daria said as she wrote it down.

 

 

“Time for lunch?”  Andrea asked as the Fashion Club walked away,

 

“Yes. I’m rather sure I puked up breakfast,” Daria considered. “I’ll need a favor,” she murmured.

 

“I’ll tell Mrs. Bennett what you’re doing.”

 

“Not only her.”

 

“I’m not talking to Brittany!” Andrea said.  ‘No way!’ she thought. It would be too awkward. It still hurt that they had drifted apart as friends.

 

“You don’t have to tell her directly,” Daria suggested.

 

“I guess so,” Andrea murmured.

 

 

Jane found Scissor Wizard and found that it was a hair salon. ‘Of course,’ she thought.

 

“You got here in time,” one of the hairdressers said.

 

“I've got this coupon,” Jane responded. “But I just wanted a pair of scissors,” she added as the hairdresser lead her to a chair.

 

“We don't sell scissors, we cut hair,” the hairdresser pointed out. “What show?”

 

“What?” Jane asked in confusion.

 

“Which TV show do you want your style from? Most of our clients go for a sitcom. Although, you're more the ‘movie of the week’ type. I have a TV Guide if you want to browse.”

 

“Have you ever seen Sick Sad World?”

 

“No.”

 

 

Words: 451

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – Mysteries of Lawndale

“Relax, Stacy, Daria knows what she’s doing,” Quinn said reassuringly.

 

Words: 10

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – Return of the Runaway

“Where are you going?”

 

Door slams as Jake runs off

 

 

End Flashback

Lillian shook her head.

 

 

Words: 16

 

 

Total: 477



No comments:

Post a Comment