Sunday 3 October 2021

Party at 111 Howard Part 1

 

“Did I hear you right?” Daria Morgendorffer asked her friend Jane Lane as they arrived at school. “You're having a party?”

 

“That's right.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Sweet Sixteen, Daria! I can't believe you don't know when my birthday is.”

 

“I know when your birthday is. I didn't think you'd be celebrating it with a party.”

 

“That's because I never had one before.”

 

“Never had one?”

 

“My parents were either never home when I had my birthday, or when they were, didn't come up with the idea for the party.”

 

“I see.”

 

“So, are you coming?”

 

Daria resigned herself to the inevitable. “Yes,” she said in her usual tone.

 

“Cool,” Jane said.

 

 

As the day progressed, the news spread through the school...

Stacy Rowe ran up to her friends in the Fashion Club. “Guys, guess what I heard!”

 

“What?” Quinn Morgendorffer asked, excitedly.

 

“There's a party tonight, in Howard Drive.”

 

“Howard Drive?” Quinn asked.

 

“Yes,” Stacy answered.

 

“Sounds familiar...” Quinn mused.

 

Sta-cy! There are, like, many houses in Howard Drive,” Sandi Griffin said. “Did you get the exact address?”

 

“Of course I did, Sandi,” Stacy said nervously. “It's at 111 Howard Drive.”

 

“Excellent. We shall meet at Tiffany's at six, and head there at seven,” Sandi decided.

 

“A great idea Sand-di,” Tiffany Blum-Deckler said in approval.

 

“Cool idea, Sandi,” Quinn said at the same time.

 

 

Quarterback Kevin Thompson found his girlfriend, Brittany Taylor, in the cafeteria.

 

“Hey, Babe!” He called.

 

“Have you heard the news, Kevie?” Brittany asked as she hugged him.

 

“What news, Babe?” Kevin asked, his usual oblivious self.

 

“There's a party tonight!”

 

“A party, where?”

 

“At 111 Howard Drive.”

 

“Where's that, Babe?”

 

“I looked at a map. It's in West Lawndale, near the railway line.”

 

“Oh,” Kevin said.

 

“So...”

 

“I'll be coming!”

 

“Good. I already promised Angie I would be there.”

 

“Cool!”

 

 

Between classes, Kevin came up to one of his team mates. “Hey, Mack Daddy!”

 

“I told you not to call me that!” Michael 'Mack' McKenzie said out of exasperation. Kevin didn't get it through his thick skull already that he hated that name.

 

“Did you hear?”

 

“Hear what?”

 

“There's a party tonight!”

 

“Where is it?” Mack asked in a resigned tone. He figured that he had to go, to ensure that Kevin wouldn't do something stupid that would reflect poorly on the Lawndale Lions.

 

“In Howard Drive, bro!”

 

“Interesting,” Mack said as he pondered how that address was familiar to him.

 

“So, you're coming bro?” Kevin asked.

 

“If you're going. Yes,” Mack answered.

 

“Cool!” Kevin said.

 

 

Mack met his girlfriend, Jodie Landon, as they arrived at their next class. “There's a problem,” Mack said.

 

“What is this problem?” she asked.

 

“Kevin is intent going to a party tonight.”

 

Jodie knew what Mack was going on about.

 

“So you have to keep an eye on him,” she stated.

 

“Yes,” Mack responded.

 

“I'll come,” Jodie said, with a resigned tone.

 

“I'll need all the help I can get.”

 

 

Of course, not only the 'popular' crowd heard about the party. One really unpopular male certainly heard of it. Charles 'Upchuck' Rutthiemer III had overheard people talking about it, while on the way between classes. 'Interesting,' he thought. Unlike the others, he knew who lived at the place. “So, Ms. Lane, you're sweet sixteen. Feisty.” he said to himself. 'I'll be there,' he decided.

 

 

At the end of the school day, Andrea Hecuba left the campus in a huff. She was tired of hearing about that party. 'Why would I want to go?' she asked, herself for the umpteenth time.

 

There was one reason...

 

She smiled “Time for gate crashing!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment