Saturday 16 October 2021

Untitled Crossover X

 The blue cart moved along the village trail. “Girls, I just want you to know your mother and I realise it’s not easy moving to a whole new island, especially for you, Daria, right?”


Daria looked around at the Viking houses, along with the strange large perches nearby each house. “Did we move?”

Jake, her father, laughed. “I’m just saying you don’t make friends as easily as… uh. Some people.”

The girl sitting in front with her father, started humming louder.

“Quinn for instance,” Daria said.

“That’s not what I meant,” Jake said. He gave a look of annoyance at Quinn, who stopped her humming. “I mean the first day at a new academy is bound to be difficult.”

Daria then hummed louder than Quinn had. “Speak up, Dad! Can’t hear you!”

“Uh!” Jake said.

Daria stopped humming as she noticed the cart had reached its destination on a cliff overseeing the freezing ocean.

“Where was I,” Jake asked as he pulled on the reigns of the… animal pulling the cart. “Don’t get upset if it takes the other kids a little while to warm up to you.”

Quinn got off the cart and was immediately met by two other girls and hit it off instantly.

“I’ll try to help her through this difficult period of adjustment.”

“That’s my girl! Wait a minute.”

“See you, Dad,” Daria said as she got off the cart and headed into the Academy.


Daria and Quinn entered an area that looked like an arena, where the one in charge of the Academy would meet them. Daria could make out two others there, but they were not close enough for her to see their faces clearly. She always had difficulty seeing in the distance, but it seemed to be getting worse. “Come on, Daria,” Quinn said impatiently.


“Daria and Quinn?” the male of the two asked.

“Yes, I’m Daria.” She stepped forward and could see his green eyes clearly.

“I’m Quinn.”

“You may call me Hiccup. Welcome to Berk’s one and only Dragon Training Academy.”



No comments:

Post a Comment