Thursday 11 November 2021

10th November 2021 Writing

 10th

 

Excerpt from: Phineas and Ferb – A Day in Danville

‘Really?’ Perry thought.

 

He’s obviously up to something. Get going and put a stop to it.

 

Once again, Perry left on his way to Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.

 

Carl! You need to find a substitute for Almond Brittle!

 

I don’t think there is, sir,” Carl Karl said.

 

Wouldn’t there be another nut-based Brittle?

 

 

Candace came outside. “What are you doing?” she asked Phineas.

 

“It’s a fairground,” he answered.

 

“I see that!”

 

“You like it?”

 

“Whether I like it isn’t the point!” Candace responded. “I’m going to call Mom.”

 

At that moment, Buford van Stomm entered the yard. “A fairground?” he asked.

 

“Yes,” Phineas answered.

 

‘He isn’t concerned about me calling Mom, as usual,’ Candace thought.

“Lame!” Buford said in response to Phineas.

 

“That’s why we’re ‘souping it up!’ as we say,” Phineas said.

 

“I’ll wait and see,” Buford said.

 

Candace took out her cell phone and called her mother.

 

Words: 138

 

 

Excerpt from: Rollercoasters and the Start of Summer

She took out her cell phone. “Mom!”

 

Hello Candace.

 

“Phineas and Ferb are building a rollercoaster.”

 

Really, Candace.”

 

“They are!”

 

In Spring you said there were monkeys, and when I got home, there was a distinct lack of monkeys.

 

“There were monkeys!”

 

I’ll be home later,” she then hung up.

 

Candace sighed. “Maybe Stacy or Jenny can keep an eye on them while I find Mom…”

 

 

Stacy Hirano was outside when her cell phone rang. “Candace. It’s about your brothers, isn’t it? I can see the rollercoaster from here!”

 

Words: 89

 

 

Excerpt from: Journey of the Flood Script

Danica - She acted on impulse!

 

Daniel – I see.

 

Elizabeth – It wasn’t an impulse.

 

Danica It was!

 

Elizabeth  - It wasn’t!

 

Daniel Stop!

 

Danica and Elizabeth look at Daniel.

 

DanielArguing isn’t going to get you anywhere!

 

DanicaElizabeth was running an authorised experiment!

 

DanielIs this true?

 

Elizabeth (quietly)She’s right that it was unauthorised.

 

DanielNow you’re here!

 

ElizabethBut I will be able to do it in reverse and get Danica and I back!

 

DanicaI’m not certain of that. Our very presence has altered the timeline!

 

Words: 90

 

 

Excerpts from: The Engineer and the Time Lady

“This!” Hernandez said. She then pitched the device upwards as hard as she could. She saw the Toronto catch it in a tractor beam. The shuttle then flew off a short distance.

 

“They won't get far,” Bond said.

 

“Beware air defenses,” Hernandez said.

 

Acknowledged,” Lawson said.

 

Bond made a signal and two other agents she hadn't seen grabbed her. “Uh! Let me go!”

 

“Change of plans,” Bond said. “We're going to headquarters now.”

 

 

“One Hour to Earth,” the ENH reported.

 

“One hour exactly?” Alpha asked.

 

“Yes,” the Pilot answered, exactly as he had 23 hours earlier.

 

“I’m ready to get there,” Alpha said.

 

“I know you are.”

 

 

Aialah was in the Mess Hall. She had had breakfast earlier, but was now reading an overview of Earth as it was in the 20th Century.

 

Words: 134

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria - Brittany

‘Maybe not to you.’ Quinn considered. “I guess not. Like I suppose I should have ignored her.”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“Right…” Quinn said. She turned with a flip of her hair and walked away.

 

Sandi sighed.

 

 

Unknown to those at the Taylors, would be gate crashers pulled up to the Crewe Neck gatehouse. “What are you punks doing here?”

 

Words: 57

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – The Youngest Barksdale

“I did do some extracurriculars,” Daria said picking up on the principal’s meaning.

 

“But not very many.”

 

“Just those I was interested in.”

 

“I see,” the Principal said.

 

“And when it comes to this school, the same logic will apply.”

 

“I think you will find a wide variety of extracurriculars here, Ms. Barksdale. There are over fifty clubs, and sports of all descriptions.”

 

“I will let the office know later this week. I would like to settle in first,” Daria said.

 

“Certainly, Ms. Barksdale. I look forward to finding out before next week. But there are other notations on your record.”

 

Daria knew to what she referred. “And you will note that was because of specific problems at each school.”

 

“Certainly,” Li said in an authorative tone. “But you did cause additional problems.”

 

Words: 133

 

Total: 641



No comments:

Post a Comment