Tuesday 9 November 2021

8th November 2021 Writings

 8th

 

Excerpt from: Haru and the Borrowers

“I mean what are we going to do?”

 

“We shall start by finding Arietty and her family,” the Baron said.

 

“Easier said than done.”

 

“That’s true.”

 

“So, how do we find where the letter came from?” Haru asked.

 

“We can track where it came from,” the Baron said as he stood up. “Toto,” he called.

 

“Yes, Baron?” Toto asked as he entered the Bureau.

 

“We need to track this letter. We need to find this Borrower and her family.”

 

“Then we should start soon,” Toto asked.

 

“The letter was delivered by other Creations, like myself, although some nomadic Borrowers may have been involved,” the Baron explained. He took a book off the shelf.

 

Haru nodded. She read the title of the book the Baron was handling; Hidden ways of Japan. “Does that show all the hidden ways, like the path from the Crossroads to here?”

 

“Yes, the path from the Crossroads to the Square is described in here, but not every hidden way is,” the Baron answered.

 

Words: 167

 

Excerpt from: Daria – A November of Change

“Sure,” Daria said as another meteor streaked across the sky.

 

“You don’t seem like one to join in to a party,” Lena commented.

 

“No. I prefer to spend time talking with those who are like minded.”

 

“Those who are cynical as you?”

 

“You’re very perceptive,” Daria responded.

 

Lena shrugged. “I have been called that.”

 

“But then I did say that I was earlier,” Daria reflected. She watched another meteor trail through the sky. “But then it was my environment that influenced my development. I was an intelligent and shy young girl who preferred books to interacting with my peers.”

 

“That sounds familiar,” Lena said.

 

“I know I’m far from unique in that respect.”

 

Words: 113

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria in the Background

Mr. O’Niell paused as he looked at his seating chart. “Kevin I'm sorry. You uh, look like somebody else. What do you have to say about last night's horrible event?”

 

“I was home all night. You can ask my parents. Besides, I already have a computer.”

 

“No, Kevin. I mean, how did the theft make you feel?”

 

“Um… Said?” Kevin responded.

 

“Are you asking me or telling me?”

 

“Angry?”

 

Mr. O’Neill looked to one of the other students. “Jodie, how about you?”

 

Words: 82

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – Video Assignment Chaos

“Cool.”

 

“Let's go then.”

 

 

Quinn, Cindy and Kristen arrived back at the Morgendorffers. “No, Darian hasn't been home,” Jake said after Quinn asked him whether he had seen her brother.

 

“See, a waste of time,” Kristen said.

 

Quinn glared at Kristen before turning back to the her father. “I'll be back for dinner.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Where are we going?” Cindy asked.

 

Words: 60

 

 

Excerpt from: The Engineer and the Time Lady

There had to be a way to escape via the bathroom. She looked at the window. It looked too narrow. 'The towel closet?' she opened it, as Bond rammed himself against the bathroom door. She quickly found some kind of lever at the back...

 

 

Bond entered the bathroom to find that Hernandez had escaped. But he knew the safehouse inside and out, and knew where Hernandez would go.

 

 

Daniela emerged from the tunnel into a laneway. She took out her commbadge. “Hernandez, to Toronto.”

 

Lawson here.”

 

“I have the device, and I'm now outside, in a back ally.”

 

We're taking off now.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

She then heard a sound. She turned and saw Bond, not very far away.

 

Words: 117

 

Total: 539



No comments:

Post a Comment