Saturday 20 November 2021

20th November 2021 Writings

 20th

 

 

Excerpt from: Star Trek: Voyager: Horrors of the Delta Quadrant

“Of course,” Janeway said.

 

“What do you want us to do?”

 

“Tell Torres to report to the Bridge.”

 

“Aye, Captain.”

 

 

Torres reported as ordered.

 

“Carey says that mysterious malfunctions are occurring?”

 

“Yes, Captain,” Torres said. “Mysterious malfunctions are cropping up in the forward sections.”

 

“Do you think that station had something to do with it?”

 

“That’s Carey’s hypothesis.”

 

“It isn’t yours?” the Captain asked.

 

“No, that was entirely Carey. It could be the ion storm.”

 

“Focus on fixing the malfunctions for now.”

 

“Aye, Captain,” Torres said.

 

 

Once Torres had left, Janeway turned to Kes.

 

“I see any reason why the refugees would be sabotaging Voyager,” she said.

 

“Nor do I, but we do need to investigate every possibility.”

 

Words: 118

 

 

Excerpt from: Doctor Who: The Doctor and Susan

“Fine! Go where you want!” he said.

 

 

He then left the console room.

 

 

He returned not long afterwards to find that the ship was still in flight. Very annoying. Then there was a sound. He turned and saw Susan enter the room. “Grandfather? Shouldn’t you be sleeping?”

 

“Nonsense, my child! I don’t need as much rest as others.”

 

“I’m sure you do,” Susan groused.

 

“But I could ask the same question.”

 

“I couldn’t sleep. I found myself thinking of David.”

 

“I see,” the Doctor said.

 

“I’m regretting leaving him.”

 

“Not much we can do about it now.”

 

“Of course not, Grandfather,” Susan said defensively.

 

Words: 104

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – Choice of the Cheerleader

“I thought it would make for a great portrait,” Jane said with a shrug. “Any idea what caused this so-called rash?”

 

“I wish I knew.”

 

“Anyway, the important thing is that instead of going to your friends for help, you ran screaming into the night.”

 

“Basically,” Daria said.

 

“Perfectly logical response.”

 

“I thought so.”

 

 

For Brittany, not much happened. Other students did give her strange looks as they noticed that her hair was a different color, but that was to be expected. However, she also noticed that Daria wasn’t in class in the later periods after she had run out in Language Arts.

 

Words: 103

 

 

Excerpt from: The Engineer and the Time Lady

“Nothing so far,” Aialah reported.

 

“Keep scanning,” Alpha ordered.

 

“Aye.”

 

 

“Preliminary scan complete,” Nina reported five minutes later.

 

“Whoa!” Aialah said.

 

“What?” Nina asked.

 

“It’s showing a large mismatch in northern Maryland and southern Pennsylvania,” Aialah answered.

 

“Bring it up on the viewscreen,” Alpha ordered.

 

A satellite photo of the region in question came up on the viewscreen.

 

Words: 58

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria in the Background

“Turns out, there is a list. I suppose Ms. Li had it put together for some reason.”

 

“I guess so,” Daria said as she took that list. She looked at it as she left without saying anything more to the office assistant.

 

Words: 42

 

 

Excerpt from: Changes in Time and Space

“This is Captain Janeway of the Federation Starship Voyager. I will not turn over our guest to you.”

 

Turn over the biological and technological specimens. Resistance is Futile!

 

“That's enough,” the Doctor said.

 

Individual of Species 1963 identified. Surrender yourself. Resistance is Futile.”

 

Words: 43

 

Total: 467

 

No comments:

Post a Comment