Thursday 18 November 2021

18th November 2021 Writings

 18th

 

Excerpt from: Daria in the Background

Her mother, Helen entered the walked through the kitchen. “Hi! Gotta change, dinner meeting.”

 

“Did something happen?” her father, Jake, asked.

 

“Hmm… depends on your perspective,” Daria answered.

 

Her sister, Quinn walked through the kitchen. “Hi! No dinner for me! Emergency meeting of the Fashion Club!”

 

“I'll make up a nice plate for you and cover it up with cling wrap,” Daria snarked.

 

“That was Quinn,” Jake said.

 

“Yes, but you still haven't identified our first mystery guest,” Daria said.

 

Helen re-entered the kitchen. “Dammit. I just called Eric for directions and he said the meeting's canceled. Well, that just gives us the chance for a family dinner.”

 

“I'll throw another steak on the grill,” Daria snarked.

 

“Later,” Quinn said as she walked through again.

 

“Where’s she going?” Helen asked.

 

“Crisis at the Fashion Club. Someone woke up with frosted hair,” Daria responded.

 

Helen sat down. “You know, Daria, it wouldn't hurt if you got involved in some after school projects once in a while.”

 

“Can't talk now. I'm chairing a meeting of the Resting Quietly Club.”

 

Words: 177

 

 

Excerpt from: Star Trek: The Next Generation: A New Generation

“Yes, sir.”
 
“Then I mean now, Commander.”
 
 
Shortly afterwards, Riker directed the redocking manoeuvre with aplomb.
 
 
A fairly routine manoeuvre but you handled it quite well,” the Captain said shortly afterwards.
 
“Thank you, sir. I hope I showed some promise.”
 
“I do have some questions for you though.”
 
“Yes, sir. I thought you might,” Riker said.
 
“I see in your file that Captain DeSoto thinks very highly of you. One curious thing, however, you refused to let him beam down to Altair Three.”
 
“In my opinion, sir, Altair Three was too dangerous to risk exposing the Captain.”

 

Words: 97

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria: A New Kid’s Dance Party While a Tree Grows

“Why not!” Kevin asked.

 

“You need to keep yourself active, so you aren’t down all the time.”

 

“But what can I do?”

 

Words: 22

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – The Youngest Barksdale

“I saw something wrong, I tried to deal with it.”

 

“There is nothing wrong here, Ms. Barksdale.”

 

“I would hope that is the truth, Ms. Li,” Daria said.

 

“I will be keeping an eye on you. That is what I was saying!” the principal said.

 

“Understood.”

 

“You are free to go to class now. Here’s your hall pass.”

 

Daria recognised a dismissal when she saw one. “Later, Ms. Li.”

 

 

“Additional note to self,” Ms. Li said into a tape recorder after Daria had left, “keep additional eyes on Daria Barksdale!”

 

Words: 90

 

 

Excerpt from: Doctor Who – Mystery in the Forest

“Of course,” the Doctor said. “And the sonic would be useless.”

 

“Sonic?” Illiana asked. 'It is some gadget or other?'

 

The Doctor held up a strange gadget.

 

'I thought so.;

 

“Sonic screwdriver. It does everything,” the Doctor explained. “Except wood.”

 

“I see.”

 

 

They soon came close to where Illiana had her encounter. Clara did feel something strange. “Quite creepy,” she commented.

 

Words: 61

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – Mysteries of Lawndale

“Not really,” Stacy murmured.

 

“Stacy…” Quinn prompted with concern.

 

“Yes!” Stacy said. “Not in so many words of course. But in her expressions when I mention it!”

 

“I’m going to have to talk to her,” Quinn groused.

 

Stacy was alarmed. “No! That will make it worse!” she said while waving her arms.

 

“Something needs to be done,” Quinn said. “It’s not right that she’s giving you a hard time.”

 

Stacy nodded. “Maybe call her out at the next Fashion Club meeting.”

 

“Maybe,” Quinn considered. She looked at the three bored looking boys. “But we better get going.”

 

“Please!” Jeffy said.

 

“Oh, sorry!” Stacy said.

 

 

Jane looked at the clock. 3:30. Detention was only half over…

 

Words: 115

 

Total: 562



No comments:

Post a Comment