Monday 15 November 2021

14th November 2021 Writings

 14th

 

Excerpt from: Doctor Who – Mystery in Polonia

“Anywhere I suppose,” Tegan answered.

 

“The Beginning, obviously,” Turlough said.

 

“If we can find it,” Tegan deadpanned. “I don’t see any information pamphlets.”

 

“I suppose we can just start by going to the center of the Museum,” the Doctor suggested.

 

“That’s simple I suppose,” she said as she took the Doctor’s hand.

 

Words: 52

 

 

Excerpt from: Doctor Who – Fifteenth Doctor Adventures

He flipped another switch….

 

 

Xavier covered his ears as a loud alarm began blaring. ‘Uh!”

 

“Uh oh!” the Doctor said. It wasn’t as intense as the sonic had been earlier, but still quite unpleasant. She raised the sonic again, but found that the sound was interfering with it. ‘Oh great!’ she groused and covered her ears.

 

“They know we’re here?” Xavier asked.

 

“More importantly, they know who I am! Back to the TARDIS!”

 

“I knew you would say that at some point.”

 

“Run!”

 

 

They made it back to the TARDIS as more drones threatened to cut them off. One was bisected by the doors closing in response to the Doctor’s finger click. Xavier sighed in relief as he and the Doctor ran up to the console. “What now? He asked.

 

Words: 130

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – Mega Mall Mega Problems

“Hi Brittany,” Daria said.

 

“Can I come with you?” Brittany asked.

 

Daria looked at Jennifer, who shrugged. “Sure,” she said. “But, why?” she asked, with confusion, while trying to ignore her pounding heart.

 

“Most of the others had gone,” Brittany answered. “Besides, I’d like to know you more.”

 

‘Of course,’ Daria thought.

 

“You can come with us,” Jennifer said.

 

“Thanks,” Brittany said.

 

“Just don’t ask too many questions,” Dara added.

 

Words: 70

 

 

Excerpt from: Daria – Mysteries of Lawndale

“This is Dewey. He suspects he knows who one of the culprits is.”

 

“Oh,” Xanthe said. “But the evidence would be circumstantial. It won’t hold up in court.”

 

“I know that,” Daria said. “I’m planning to have them confess at the Coffee House.”

 

“That could backfire,” Peterson said with a warning tone.

 

“I know. Which is why I would like you and a colleague you can trust present,” Daria responded.

 

“I’ll see if I can swing it.”

 

“In any case, here are copies of sketches Jane Lane made.”

 

“The Lanes…” Peterson considered as she took the sketches.

 

‘What has she heard about Jane’s family?’ Daria wondered.

 

“Thanks,” Peterson said. “I look forward to tomorrow night then.”

 

 

“Did you have to tell the police officer I had suspicions?” Dewey asked as they walked away from the café.

 

“I didn’t have to,” Daria responded. “But I want to cultivate a working relationship with her. It is off to a good start so far.”

 

Words: 161

 

 

Excerpt from: Changes in Time and Space

Shortly afterwards, the TARDIS landed. “Anything on the Scanner,” Felicia asked.

 

“Something,” the Doctor said enigmatically.

 

“Which means?”

 

“I'm not certain what it is.”

 

Felicia looked at the Scanner. “Is that a forest of giant mushrooms?” she asked.

 

“I think it is,” the Doctor answered.

 

Words: 45

 

Total: 458

No comments:

Post a Comment