Friday 12 January 2024

12th January 2024 Writings

 

12th

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

“It hurt too, because I was about to say something about my grief,” Quinn said.

 

“How did that come up?” Daria asked.

 

“Ben is interested in forensic medicine and I brought up how I was looking at medical texts after his heart attack.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“So, he then dashed off!” Quinn said in a sad tone. “What can I do?”

 

“I’m not sure,” Daria admitted. “What was he interested in?”

 

“He had a book on the Solar System,” Quinn answered.

 

“So, either science in general or Astronomy in particular.”

 

“From what I got. I’m not sure.”

 

“Then I’m not sure how to help. If he doesn’t want help…” Daria said.

 

“Or maybe he thought I was unloading on them.”

 

“There is that too,” Daria said. “But I could suggest some kind of field trip, if Ms. Li would allow it.”

 

“Maybe she would. But where?”

 

“If Astronomy in particular, the planetarium.”

 

“Oh! Duh!” Quinn said.

 

“But if science in general. There are forests around Lawndale as well as the Zoo and arboretum.”

 

“All good ideas,” Quinn said as she took notes.

 

 

Then there was an interruption

 

“Quinn!” It was Ted Dewit-Clinton, who had just entered the store.

 

“Ted?” both sisters asked at once.

 

“Hey Daria. Quinn. Ms. Li wanted me to talk to you about your project.”

 

“It’s called a project now?” Daria asked.

 

“Yes! Quite interesting,” Ted said.

 

“For the Lowdown?” Quinn asked, referring to the school paper.

 

“Yes. And for the yearbook. But for the Lowdown at first.”

 

Total: 249

No comments:

Post a Comment