Sunday 28 January 2024

28th January 2024 Writings

 

28th

 

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

They soon arrived at the phone booth Quinn had used the previous day. ‘I hope they won’t think it’s crying wolf,’  she thought as she dialled 911.

 

911 Emergency.

 

“A boy has been bit by a Copperhead in the West Lawndale Forest, near the bus stop,” Quinn said.

 

How long ago was this?

 

“A little less than ten minutes,” Quinn answered.

 

 

Quinn hung up. “They’re on their way.”

 

“Good,” Gerald said. “I’m going to walk home.”

 

“No! Miss Sanderson and Ms. Li will be angry. I have duty of care as well!”

 

“Then, you shouldn’t have tried to help me!” Gerald said he left.

 

‘Great!’ Quinn thought. She started running back to where She left the teacher and the two students. ‘I can’t go after him as SpiderGirl. Not yet.’

 

 

“Where’s Gerald?” Sanderson asked.

 

“He ran off after I made the 911 call. I couldn’t stop him,” Quinn answered, quietly.

 

Sanderson sighed. “You did the right thing, coming back. But I’m going to get the heat from Ms. Li!. The school’s going to get the bill for the call out too.”

 

“I know.”

 

 

It was another ten minutes before the ambulance arrived. The paramedics gave the antivenin and loaded Ben on the ambulance. “Can I come with?” Anna asked.

 

“It will cost the school more,” Sanderson said.

 

“I don’t care,” Anna said.

 

“In for a penny,” Sanderson murmured. “But I have to take Quinn back to the School.”

 

“Quinn’s gone,” Anna said.

 

“What?”

 

Words: 243

No comments:

Post a Comment