Wednesday 24 January 2024

24th January 2024 Writings

 

24th

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

She left her in a clearing not far from the ravine before heading to the nearest phone booth and calling 911.

 

 

Having called the ambulance, she returned to the woman. “They’re on their way,” she said.

 

“Thanks. I don’t know what I was thinking, trying to climb down that ravine.”

 

“You’re lucky I came along. I didn’t know I was coming out this way.”

 

“You’re right, SpiderGirl. I can call you that right?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“You can call me Bella.”

 

“Bella. That’s pretty.”

 

Bella chuckled. “I was going to say that I could have been stuck down there for days.”

 

“Probably not that long. I would have joined in the search.”

 

“I guess so.”

 

 

It wasn’t long before the ambulance arrived. The paramedics thanked SpiderGirl for what she did. “We would have needed  to call in a helicopter otherwise.”

 

“You’re welcome,” SpiderGirl said, although she recognised that that particular paramedic had been there when her father had passed. ‘Not his fault. He tried his best,’ she thought, yet again.

 

 

As the ambulance left she went back to the area she was looking at. ‘I know to avoid that ravine now.’

 

 

Lawndale Sun-Herald

Wednesday January 6, 2000

Why has Norman Osborne moved to Lawndale?

The Tycoon has been tight lipped about his move from New York

 

SpiderGirl put down the paper. She felt, uneasy for some reason. ‘All I know is that I have some foreboding.’ She thought. She shook her head and swung away. She still needed some sleep before school started.

 

 

It was still early in the morning when the phone rang at the Coultard residence.

 

Words: 267

 

No comments:

Post a Comment