Wednesday 3 January 2024

3rd January 2024 Writings

 

3rd

 

Excerpt from: A Different Morgendorffer, A Different Sloane

“Ready to go home?” Else asked.

 

“Sure, but not by the direct route,” Q answered.

 

“Of course, by Lover’s Lane it is,” Else said.

 

 

After a long make out session at ‘lover’s lane,’ the girlfriends finally called it a night. It was still stormy when Else dropped Q off in front of a red brick McMansion in one of Lawndale’s newer upper middle class subdivisions.

 

Words: 62

 

 

Excerpt from: On An Alien Beach

‘Of course!’ she thought. She knew that Tendi wanted to experience sand that wasn’t like the sand on Orion. “What’s up?” she asked.

 

“I’m making an epic sandcastle,” Tendi proclaimed.

 

“Oh that’s great,” Mariner said with sarcasm. While Tendi was excited, Mariner knew that she would find that boring.

 

“I’m trying to relax,” Boimler said, “Before you inevitably draw me into some adventure.”

 

“You know me too well,” Mariner commented. She then noticed someone else arriving. “T’Lyn! Join us.”

 

“Greetings,” the Vulcan officer said.

 

“What are you doing?” Mariner asked.

 

“Observing my friends on this beach,” T’Lyn answered.

 

“What else?” Boimler asked rhetorically.

 

“Where’s Rutherford?” Mariner asked Tendi.

 

“I’m not sure,” Tendi answered as she tried to steady a precarious wall. “I think Billups had him doing something.”

 

“Right.”

 

 

T’Lyn looked at Tendi’s construction. She had to admit it was quite good for an admitted beginner.

 

Words: 133

 

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

“I’ll do it!” Quinn said.

 

“Very good, Ms. Morgendorffer.”

 

“Do they know someone is going to help them?” Quinn asked.

 

“Not yet. I wanted to ask you first.”

 

“Right.”

 

“I will call them in first period tomorrow,” Li said.

 

 

“How did it go?” Stacy asked when Quinn emerged from the Principal’s office.”

 

“There’s no bad news,” Quinn answered.

 

“So, what was it?” Stacy asked.

 

“She wants me to help three misfits fit in.”

 

“Including me?”

 

“I don’t think you’re a misfit, Stacy,” Quinn said in a reassuring tone.

 

Stacy breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“Come, Tori is meeting us at the Pizza place,” Quinn said.

 

“Sure,” Stacy asked.

 

 

“Wait. Who are these misfits?” Stacy asked as they left the school grounds.

 

“Gerald Brown, Ben Herrod and Anna Coulter,” Quinn answered. “Wait?”

 

“Coultard?” Stacy supplied.

 

“That’s it.”

 

“That’s my neighbor.”

 

“I knew I had heard that name before,” Quinn said.

 

“She hasn’t fit in since Kindergarten,” Stacy said quietly.

 

“Oh,” Quinn said.

 

“There were many times when I tried to befriend her.”

 

“Really?”

 

Stacy nodded. “But it seems that she’s shy.”

 

“That doesn’t make her weird,” Quinn pointed out.

 

“Not by itself,” Stacy added. “There are other things too.”

 

Words: 198

 

 

Total: 393

No comments:

Post a Comment