Saturday 6 January 2024

6th January 2024 Writings

 

6th

 

Excerpt from: On An Alien Beach

“It’s quite exciting,” Barnes said.

 

“You don’t have to tell me that,” Mariner said.

 

 

T’Lyn looked out to sea. The waves were getting bigger. She turned to Tendi. “I believe the tide is coming in,” she said.

 

“Don’t worry. I have planned for that,” Tendi responded as she placed several shells as re-inforcement.”

 

“I see.”

 

 

Barnes took out her surfboard.

 

“Cool,” Boimler commented.

 

“I got it from a surf club in San Fran during my Academy days,” Barnes explained.

 

Words: 79

 

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

Almost immediately after homeroom ended, Li called the first of the three to her office. “Anna Coultard, please report to the Principal’s Office.”

 

“Oh!” Anna said. She had wanted to get to History as quickly as possible. “Great!” She added as she changed direction.

 

 

It didn’t take her long to reach the Principal’s office. “Ms. Li? What’s going on?” she asked.

 

“Welcome Ms. Coultard. Please, take a seat,” Ms. Li said.

 

She took a seat. “So…”

 

“It has come to my attention that you’re not reaching your potential.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You’re not involved in any extracurricular activities and you also have B+ average,” the Principal answered.

 

“I’m not interested in extracurriculars,” Anna responded.

 

“And you don’t have many friends,”

 

“I can’t argue against that,” she said quietly.

 

“So, you and a couple others will be mentored by another student,” Li said.

 

“I see,” Anna said. “Who will that be?”

 

“Quinn Morgendorffer.”

 

“Quinn?”

 

“Yes. She was looking for another extracurricular activity after a previous one had ceased,” Li said.

 

‘That’s one way of putting it.’ Anna thought. There were many rumors about what happened to the Fashion Club and she wasn’t sure what to believe. “I agree.”

 

“Very good, Ms. Coultard. I will inform her later today.”

 

“OK,” Anna said.

 

“Here is a hall pass.”

 

 

Anna then rushed to History and heard the next call.

 

Ben Harrod, please report to the Principal’s office!

 

That wasn’t surprising to Anna. ‘I doubt Quinn would be able to help with the Hypochondria.”

 

 

Ben was worried. Why would the Principal call him? Was it to do with why Anna was called? But he was sure that they didn’t do anything wrong.

 

 

The two took different paths through the school, and so missed each other.

 

 

“Sit, Mr. Harrod,” the Principal instructed.

 

“Why am I here?”

 

Li then told him the same thing she had told Anna.

 

 

“I see,” Ben said. “But Quinn might have something.”

 

“Nonsense Mr. Harrod, other than her recent bereavement, Ms. Morgendorffer is healthy.”

 

“Right. I suppose I can use help with some of my studies.”

 

“Very good. I’ll let her know later today.”

 

Words: 353

 

 

Total: 534

No comments:

Post a Comment