Saturday 13 January 2024

13th January 2024 Writings

 

13th

 

Excerpt from: A Different Morgendorffer, A Different Sloane

Q waved goodbye as she entered the house.

 

 

Helen was waiting when her younger daughter got home. “Where have you been?” she asked.

 

“Out,” the younger daughter answered.

 

Words: 28

 

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

“Oh,” Daria said.

 

“About, the project,” Quinn said. “It hasn’t had a good a start as I would have liked.”

 

“What do you mean?” Ted asked as he sat down.

 

Quinn then repeated what she had told Daria about Gerald running off.

 

 

“I see,” Ted said when Quinn had finished.

 

“But I still have Anna and Ben.”

 

“That’s true,” Ted said.

 

“So, you want to do an interview?” Daria asked.

 

“Not right now,” Ted said. “Tomorrow.”

 

“That would be best. Would after school be good?” Quinn asked.

 

“That would be good.”

 

“In any case. I want to be going. I need to think about things,” Quinn said.

 

“Sure,” Ted said.

 

“Are you sure?” Daria asked.

 

“I’ll see you at home,” Quinn said.

 

“OK.”

 

 

Quinn then got up and left.

 

“And how are you, Daria?” Ted asked. “I realise I haven’t talked to you since your father passed away.”

 

“I’m coping,” Daria answered with her usual slight smile. “But it’s my mother and Quinn I’m more worried about. Mom has thrown herself more than before. And as for Quinn, I’m sure you’ve heard about what happened with the Fashion Club.”

 

“Of course. But isn’t that a good thing for her, being away from Sandi?”

 

 

“In a way,” Daria responded. “But she’s also spending a lot of time by herself.” But what she didn’t want to mention to Ted was that she had seen Quinn sneaking out at night sometimes.

 

“I see,” Ted said. “Also, Jane isn’t here.”

 

“No, she isn’t,” Daria said. “She’s doing her own thing.”

 

“But you’re still friends, right?” Ted asked.

 

“Of course we are. She has stuck by me after what happened, happened.”

 

 

SpiderGirl swung away from the Pizza place, towards Dega Street. She had heard the beginning of Daria and Ted’s conversation. ‘I know you’re concerned, Daria,’ she thought. But there wasn’t much she could do about that. She thought about the situation with Gerald again. Daria did have some good ideas. ‘I’ll see if Ms. Li agrees.’ But whether it would be the Planetarium or something else. ‘I’ll find out tomorrow.’

She then saw Anna, or rather, Felicia on the street.

 

“SpiderGirl!” she called.

 

“Really?” SpiderGirl asked as she landed.

 

“Yes,” Feli said.

 

“What’s up?” SpiderGirl asked.

 

“Um, something unexpected. The principal has my friend and I in a peer support program,” Feli said.

 

‘Little does she know…’ SpiderGirl groused to herself. “Go on.”

 

“Like, completely unexpected!”

 

“But you think it’s a good idea?”

 

“Yes. But there’s another person, who flaked,” Feli added.

 

‘I see that she’s annoyed about Gerald too,’ SpiderGirl thought. “So, you think it won’t work?”

 

“It depends,” Feli paused. “On how the one running the program handles it.

 

“Well, I suppose that Li wouldn’t choose someone incapable.”

 

“But I don’t completely trust Quinn!”

 

“What do you mean?” SpiderGirl asked.

 

“I mean, she’s admits she was looking for an extracurricular. I would have trusted Daria more.”

 

“But would this other girl have done it?”

 

“I’m not sure.”

 

Words: 495

 

 

Total: 523

No comments:

Post a Comment