Wednesday 17 January 2024

17th January 2024 Writings

 17th

 

Excerpt from: Times Change

“No. I’ll come with you,” Jasmine said.

 

“Really?” Aladdin asked.

 

“Yes!” Jasmine answered.

 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Aladdin objected.

 

Words: 22

 

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

“A field trip. It will allow us to spend time together.”

 

“Really? Ms. Morgendorffer. Do you have any idea how much that would cost for just four students?”

 

Quinn sighed. “I suppose the Planetarium would be out of the question.”

 

“Yes. But why that idea.”

 

“Because one of the trio had picked a book on Astronomy.”

 

The Principal paused. “Let’s start from the beginning. You met in the library and then?”

 

“We introduced ourselves to each other and then I asked them to grab a book that showed what they were interested in.”

 

“I see. And what were they interested in?”

 

“Irish folklore, forensic medicine and Astronomy. And I chose a book on drawing and design,” Quinn answered.

 

“I can see who chose what. But why this field trip idea.”

 

“Because Gerald ran off when I was sharing and we started talking about recent events. You know…”

 

Li knew what she meant. “I see. I doubt a field trip would make him any more amenable to hearing about that.”

 

“I know. But it would allow the four of us to connect more.”

 

The Principal sighed. “Maybe not the Planetarium. But some other science related field trip will be acceptable.”

 

“Thanks Ms. Li!”

 

“I know you’re trying your best. I will call him in early in the day. I’ll let you know how that goes. Good Day, Ms. Morgendorffer.”

 

 

Angela watched the eager student go. She had meant it when she said that Quinn was trying her best. ‘It seems her grief has allowed her to turn a new leaf, as it were.’ She switched on her computer. As she waited for it to boot up she wrote down some notes on what she and Quinn had talked about.

 

 

Quinn sighed in relief after she left the Principal’s office. She hoped that some kind of field trip would be allowed.

 

 

Gerald Brown, report to the Principal’s Office Immediately!

 

“What now?” Gerald asked himself. ‘And straight after leaving Homeroom again!

 

This time he powerwalked towards the office as fast as the crowds of fellow teens allowed.

 

 

“Come in, Mr. Brown,” the Principal said.

 

“What is this about?”

 

“It’s about you leaving the peer mentoring program early yesterday.”

 

“What did Quinn say?” Gerald asked.

 

“How do you know that it was she that said anything?”

 

“I don’t think the other two would have complained to you about it.”

 

“Yes it was, Ms. Morgendorffer!” the Principal said. “She said you left the ‘icebreaking’ activity while she was talking about herself.”

 

“It was uncomfortable, her talking of her father passing away,” he breathed deeply. “It reminded me of one of my grandparents passing away a few years ago. It wasn’t as sudden, but it was still a shock.”

 

Li nodded. “I see. In any case, Ms. Morgendorffer has suggested a science related field trip. I cannot sanction one to the Planetarium, but something else can be arranged.”

 

‘Of course the Planetarium is out of the question given how stingy she is!’ Gerald groused to himself. “I see,” he said.

 

“You will catch up with Ms. Morgendorffer and the others later today.”

 

“Of course!”

 

Words: 518

 

 

Total: 540

 

No comments:

Post a Comment