Monday 15 January 2024

14th January 2024 Writings

 

14th

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

“There’s not much more I can say,” SpiderGirl said, feeling uncomfortable.

 

“Oh,” Feli said. “I guess I will just have to see how things go.”

 

“Yes. I’ll be off.”

 

“Wait!”

 

“What? Another lift?” SpiderGirl asked incredulously.

 

“Yes. I liked it yesterday.”

 

“Fine! But where?”

 

“Cranberry Commons,” Feli answered, referring to one of Lawndale’s Malls.

 

“Sure,” SpiderGirl said.

 

 

Said Mall lay to the southwest of the downtown. It didn’t take the superheroine long to take the weird blonde there. She landed on the edge of the grounds, there being a dearth of trees around it. ‘I’ll have to figure out how to swing into it at some point,’ she thought. “This is as far as I can swing,” she said.

 

“What about around another way?” Feli asked.

 

“I tried that. If it was the Lawndale Mall, I can reach it from behind.”

 

“Oh, you’ve explored all the routes through Lawndale?”

 

“Not all,” SpiderGirl admitted. “But most. Seven Corners is another difficult spot. But I can get across the Creek and into the Business Park. But getting out of Lawndale is the difficult part.”

 

“Oakwood?”

 

“Yes. There’s a lot of farmland in that direction. The Interstate and the State Route don’t have many telegraph poles.”

 

“I see,” Feli said. “I’ll see you later.”

 

 

Total: 211

No comments:

Post a Comment