Tuesday 16 January 2024

15th January 2024 Writings

 

15th

 

Excerpt from: Meeting Strider

“I have quick ears, and although I cannot disappear, I have hunted many wild and wary things and I can usually avoid being seen. Now, I was behind the hedge this evening on the Road west of Bree, when three Hobbits came out of the Downlands. I need not repeat all that they said to old Bombadil or to one another, but one thing interested me. Please remember, one of them said. That the name Baggins must not be mentioned. I am Miss Underhill, if any name must be given.

 

Words: 90

 

 

Excerpt from: Adventures in Armidale – The Second Year

It was a quiet night at Mary White College. Tia Brennan looked over the college buildings from where she stood on top of Block Three. The previous year had been difficult but she had been able to pass all her units. She was certain that this year would be similar.

 

Words: 50

 

 

Excerpt from: Spider Quinn

“Bye,” SpiderGirl said. She looked around before swinging away in the direction she had come from.

 

 

She headed back to the downtown. And just in time, as she saw a mugging in progress near a closed storefront on Third Street. “Oh great! Haven’t you got the message!” she quipped as she swung down.

 

“SpiderGirl!”

 

“That’s me. Protector of the innocents in Lawndale!” she said as she webbed him up. She turned to the would be victim.

 

“Thanks, SpiderGirl,” the girl said, a fellow student at Lawndale High, in Daria’s year. “A bit hard to believe this kind of thing is happening in Lawndale more. I thought it was safe!” she said vehemently.

 

“Unfortunately. It’s happening,” SpiderGirl responded.

 

“Do I know you?” the girl asked.

 

“You know who I am,” SpiderGirl responded.

 

“I do?”

 

“I’m your friendly neighborhood SpdierGirl!” she said just before swinging away.

 

 

Tananda Watts watched as the vigilante swung away. She wasn’t sure what to make of that exchange. She sighed. She would be more careful. She didn’t want to be in such a position again.

 

 

SpiderGirl thought more in the situation with Gerald as she patrolled. “I’ll ask him about the field trip idea,” she decided.

 

 

Lawndale Sun-Herald

Thursday, December 17, 1999

Is SpiderGirl a teenager?

 

 

Quinn got to school early after an uneventful early morning patrol as SpiderGirl.

 

Words: 222

 

 

Total: 362

 

No comments:

Post a Comment